A regular commuter journaling tales of public transportation; embellishing the colorful events and
characters to make it a little more entertaining.



pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

March Metro Madness

This month has been packed with travel NOT involving the metro (hooray!), but leaves little time for posting. I will be catching up soon I'm sure as Spring fever is in the air. The Cherry Blossom Festival begins next weekend, and while St. Pat's was a bit disappointing, I suspect I'll see plenty of characters as the wool jackets, rain coats and other cold weather cover ups are left behind. My first glimpse was earlier in the week when this fellow got a very annoying song stuck in my head for the day...

{he wasn't technically in head-to-toe red spandex, but he was wearing red pants
and had that signature hair which I recall as a bit more unruly than shown here.}

Something very patriotic about the Greatest American Hero commuting via metro. And, here's a bit of '80s TV trivia you may not have known (thanks Wikipedia) -- the main character's name was originally Ralph Hinkley, but after the assassination attempt of Ronald Reagan by John Hinckley, Jr. on March 30, 1981 (only 12 days after the pilot episode aired), the character's last name was changed to "Hanley" and for the rest of the 1st season, he was either "Ralph" or "Mister H."

Look for more useless information this month and let me know what Spring fever does for your commute!

xoxo -- on a wing and a prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment