A regular commuter journaling tales of public transportation; embellishing the colorful events and
characters to make it a little more entertaining.



pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Beat the Heat

Somehow I missed it in March of this year, but that is indeed when Metro shared it's plan called "Operation Cool Breeze" in a press release, a maintenance plan to inspect and overhaul all the air conditioning in Metro's fleet.

Given the recent temps, "Operation Cool Breeze" and the "Hot Car"seem to be very heated topics lately, but I can't say I'm surprised. Did people really believe Metro would fix something just because they mentioned it in a press release? Maybe their public relations team deserves a raise because I'm pretty sure regular riders are not so easily fooled.

I actually don't always mind a hot car, but lately the brutal heat has been too much even for the most tolerant riders.* Which could be why I saw a gentleman pretty much dressed in this outfit yesterday:

{The guy I saw was in a similar outfit, but not a police uniform. He had his shades on,
which just intensified the impact. So awesome it almost made me forget how hot it was.}

*I believe there is such a thing as a tolerant Metro rider. I just don't know any of them.

xoxo -- stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment